Join our team
Our mission is why people choose to work at Ecojustice.
Together, we leverage the law in pursuit of a shared vision: A Canada where strong laws protect the environment and ensure all people have the opportunity to thrive.
Our mission-driven workplace culture emphasizes work-life balance because we believe we can better defend the environment when we give ourselves the time to enjoy it.
If you want to make an impact, do meaningful work, and be a part of a courageous, collaborative team, you will find your people here!
Ecojustice is recognized as one of the top 100 charities in Canada by Charity Intelligence.
We offer competitive vacation and paid time-off allowances, paid opportunities to give back to the community, flexible work arrangements and a comprehensive benefit package that promotes health and wellbeing.
- Choose between a hybrid, remote, or in office environment to match your work style.
- Join us in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and receive a $125 monthly subsidy for choosing a synchronized hybrid schedule.
- Choose your own work schedule beyond our 4 core work hours.
- Our generous vacation entitlement starts at 3 weeks and increases to 6 weeks after only 6 years.
- Enjoy an additional break in winter from December 27th to the 31st.
- Support your physical wellbeing, mental wellbeing, and care giving responsibilities by taking advantage of our 12 flexible care days annually.
- Substitute up to 5 days based on personal and spiritual preferences of the 13 public holidays available.
- Take up to 14 days off for yourself or to fulfill caregiving responsibilities if diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We are so happy you are you! Take your birthday off on us.
- Use an extra float day for those days when you feel like the duvet is your best friend or you want to soak up the last rays of the sun.
- Take up to 4 hours of “no questions asked” paid personal time each month.
Dedicate up to 4 hours per month to a non-partisan charity of your choice.
- A comprehensive employer-paid extended heath, vision, and dental benefits package supporting expanded options of mental health care providers.
- A completely free and confidential employee and family assistance program (EFAP) to assist with counseling, financial advice, nutrition, addiction, childcare arrangements and more.
- A wellness spending of $500 per year for events, activities and products that support your wellbeing.
- We incentivize walking, cycling, and transiting to work – on the days you choose to work from the office.
- Recycling, composting, and cutting up pizza boxes to use as plates for staff parties is what we are about.
- When we get together nationally, we offset the carbon footprint of our activities.
- Get 5% of your salary as a non-mandatory RRSP contribution, which means we will give you 5% even if you do not match this.
- Ask us about our parental leave top-up for birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Take 10 days of unpaid leave annually for caregiving responsibilities.
- Apply for an unpaid service or sabbatical leave for up to 12 months after 5 years as a permanent employee.
- Request customizable accommodations based on your life needs (gender transition, domestic violence, health needs, etc.)
- Utilize opportunities to participate in our annual staff retreat.
- And so much more…
Our commitment to an equitable and inclusive workplace
Ecojustice is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from people with relevant technical skills and who come from communities which have been structurally marginalized based on race, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression. Members belonging to communities that experience marginalization have the opportunity to self-identify during the application process.
Ecojustice strives to ensure that our online application system and recruitment process is accessible to individuals with different abilities, and we have various accommodations available if you need one. If at any point during the application and/or recruitment process you require an accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of People and Culture
The Director of People and Culture holds a key leadership role and is responsible for providing guidance and oversight for all People and Culture (Human Resources) activities throughout Ecojustice. This position plays a vital role in advancing the strategic vision of Ecojustice, nurturing a highly engaged and inclusive work community, and ensuring that Ecojustice is an organization that attracts and retains key people while fostering their development. Please note a strong internal candidate has been identified for this position – read more about the position.