Instead of selling your stocks, bonds or mutual funds and donating the proceeds, eliminate capital gains tax by donating them directly to Ecojustice.
You can support our work by transferring securities to Ecojustice and avoid paying the 50% capital gains tax. As a charity, we can then sell the securities tax free and use the proceeds to continue our work to protect the land, air and water we all rely on.
To donate securities using our secure online form, follow the steps below. If you prefer a printable version of the form, you can download one here.
1. Go to our secure online form and enter your name and email address to get started.
2. Follow the instructions to complete the form, then click submit.
3. An email will be sent to you asking you to confirm your identity; click on the link to confirm.
4. You will receive a copy of your completed donation form by email. Please forward a copy to your financial advisor so they can initiate the transfer. Ecojustice will automatically receive a copy and we’ll forward it to Frank Arnold at Raymond James, who has kindly waived all fees on the processing of gifts of securities donated to Ecojustice.
5. Once your donation has been received (this can take up to a few days – or weeks in the case of mutual funds), we will contact you to confirm that the transfer has been completed and to thank you for your generous gift! Ecojustice will issue you a tax receipt for the average trading price of the securities on the date that they are received in our account.
You can also donate stocks through your will and receive tax savings for your estate. For more information, or if you are the executor of someone else’s will and would like to distribute shares from the estate, please contact us.